This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1930's-1940's. It is a traditional Lattice quilt pattern. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. This piece has a cheerful and complimentary blue floral feedsack backing fabric. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. In our opinion the quilt is in excellent condition. It is very thin, very lightweight, with little to no loft(puffiness), is very soft, and has as great drape. We have shown this on two different models in the photos below. One model is 5/11, the other is 5'4. We have also added a video for your convenience. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Our Model is 5’11
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.