This is a traditional story quilt from a hill tribe in Myanmar. Every motif is hand embroidered and the motifs are popular traditional symbols from the Myanmar hill culture. The backing fabric was hand made on a loom and then subsequently hand embroidered. We preserved the original tassels and have added them as details onto the pockets. While Lady Lancaster was in California she met a woman who travels frequently to East Asia to support these people and we were able to source quite a few of these one of a kind traditional cultural textiles in multiple colors. You will see more of these in our upcoming fall collections. Please Note: that the Asian hand made textiles are more prone to snag than American antique quilts. The stitching is not nearly as dense or tight and they tend to have more broken threads. If this is something that will annoy you, this jacket is not a good candidate for you. The jacket is extremely soft, thin, light weight, and has a beautiful drape. It is extremely flattering to wear and is a total conversation starter. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.