This is an American antique quilt made circa 1950s-1960s. It is a Subway or Brick Quilt Pattern. The quilt is hand knotted and at each knot there is a crimped yellow disk that adds texture and charm to the overall look. This piece can be categorized as a Crazy Quilt or a Scrap quilt as it contains scraps from the maker’s fabric stash. The jacket is comprised of polly-cotton blend fabrics, fine wools, some boucle. When viewed up close because of the various stubble plaids, it really has a masculine, haberdashery vibe. In our opinion this is thin, very lightweight with no batting (loft). It is a very comfortable jacket to wear. We added a little pert to this jacket by using silver stars as closures down the front of the jacket.
- This Market Jacket has two generous pockets.
- The Size will fit
- Model is 5’ 4 tall and approximately 125lbs
- For your convenience, this coat has a hanging loop at the back of the neck.
- Please reference measurements for specific fit.
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
25.5” top of back of neck to the bottom of the hem
21” laying flat, armpit to armpit, buttoned coat
22” shoulder seam to bottom of arm, uncuffed
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.