This is an American Antique quilt made circa 1890's-1920's. It is an elevated Bear Claw quilt pattern with lattice detail added. This piece is exceptional for its hand sewing, its beautiful hand quilting, and its rare and valuable antique indigo fabrics. This is what we would consider to be a summer weight quilt meaning that it was made more for aesthetics and less about warmth, it has little to no loft. That makes this jacket super flattering to wear. In our opinion this piece is super thin, buttery soft, very light weight, and has a dreamy drape. This jacket is easy to style and very comfortable to wear. Please note there are a few zig zag mends and age spots. They are easy to see on the inside of the jacket but very hard to find on the outside. We have included a photo at the end of the listing for your convenience. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.