This jacket was made with two different antique quilt tops. The tops were both made circa 1930's-1940's. The first top is a Lemoyne Star Quilt pattern and the second is a Hexi or Honey Comb Quilt pattern. The quilts are filled with a variety of fine and fun novelty fabrics. This jacket is completely reversible and a true fashion multi-tasker. In our opinion this is piece is super soft, is lightweight with medium loft (puffiness), and has a good drape. This piece is NOT hand quilted, our good friend Zoe Dawn quilted these two orphan quilt tops together. Please note: There are a few spots of color bleed and a few zig zag mends that blend into the fabric. We have included photos at the end of the listing for you convenience. Overall these quilt tops are in excellent condition for its age. TAKE NOTE: The sleeves are two inches shorter than our standard Helen pattern, if you like longer sleeves or like to cuff your jacket, this is not the jacket for you! If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.