This is an ABSOLUTE masterpiece! This is an American Antique quilt made and completed in 1957 by Anna M. Bauscher. We know this because she has hand embroidered her signature and date into the quilt and we have saved this in the inside front panel. This piece is museum-worthy for its masterful hand quilting and hand applique stitches. This was a popular quilt kit made by Paragon and highlighted by Good Housekeeping Magazine in the 50's. Anna was a master maker. Her points are crisp, and her hand applique stitches are meticulous. Her choice of matching cornflower blue backing fabric(inside of jacket) is striking. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled. This quilt is in excellent condition and it was a privilege to work worth. In our opinion this piece is super soft, thin, light weight and has a good drape. This is very rare colorway for this quilt patter, it is normally made in gold and white and we have never seen it in blue. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10. Please note there is a little color bleaching on one of the front stars. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.