This is an American Antique quilt made circa 1880s-1910. This is a Pineapple quilt pattern done in the method of Foundation piecing. This means they used a piece of fabric as a foundation and built the quilt block on it, probably while on the go. Later the maker would attach each Pineapple block together. You can understand this technique better by looking at the inside of the jacket. We have included some photos in the listing that show this off. This piece is an absolute museum-worthy quilt for its crisp points, its rare indigo fabrics, and its beautiful hand stitching. This is a true window into turn of the century decorative arts. It is impressive and rare to see black fabrics from this era in this pristine of condition. This piece is ABSOLUTE folk art! This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10! In our opinion the quilt is thin, light weight, and has a perfect drape. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.