This is an American antique quilt made circa 1920's-1930's. It is a very rare floral appliqué quilt. We could not identify this quilt pattern in Brackman's Quilt Encyclopedia. This piece is museum quality and exquisite for so many reasons. The hand embroidery stitches are jaw dropping. The quilting is dense and consistent at approximately 10 stitches per inch. Please also note the elevated border around the hemline of the jacket. This piece is a total showoff! It is absolute wearable Folk Art! The cotton used is very soft. This piece is super lightweight, very thin, with a great drape. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10. Please note: There are a few minor zig zag mends throughout that we were not able to pick up with our cameral lens. There is also an age mark on the inside of the jacket which can see in the video at the end of this listing.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 6’2, US size 10
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.