This is an extremely rare and most likely free-hand applique antique quilt. We believe this piece to have been made circa 1910-1920's. This piece is exquisite for its elevated and intricate appliques, its hand stitching, and its hand quilting. Lady Lancaster found this on the 3rd floor of an antique shop in Brickerville, Pennsylvania. Despite its patina, she could not walk away without it. The quilt is a true rescue! We cut around the worst spots, but there is still some wear on parts of the applique. Applique quilts generally do not stand the test of time in the way traditional quilt blocks do. As a result, the quilt has wear on the applique's throughout. It is priced accordingly. This Helen jacket should not be used as a wardrobe staple. It should be viewed as wearable art and a remnant of American Quilt History. In our opinion, the quilt is extremely soft, very thin, very lightweight, with little to no loft (puffiness). It has a buttery drape and is a dream to wear. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.