This is a vintage Suzani quilt made in Uzbekistan. The base quilt technique is similar to that of an Indian Kantha, however, it contains much more detailed and elaborate hand embroidery than a typical Kantha. All the motifs you see on this piece are hand embroidered using beautiful shades of embroidery thread. This piece can be worn inside out for a more subtle color way if desired. We cannot express how soft, floppy and comfortable this quilt is. It is a dream to wear and style. This piece checks all our boxes here at Lady Lancaster. We consider this a Lady Lancaster 10/10.It is worth noting that we calling this a vintage suzani because we are not yet experts but the likely hook of this being much older is highly likely. There are several mends done by the maker that we consider to be darling and a heartwarming window into the backstory of this piece. We have included photos of these mends at the end of the listing. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.