This is an American Antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is a Traditional Broken Star Quilt Pattern, made using very untraditional color choices and fabrics. This quilt contains some historical feedsack fabrics, novelty fabrics from its era, and juvenile fabrics. The quilt is beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn. Please note the contrasting plaid fabric on the back of the quilt(inside of jacket). In our opinion the quilt is very soft, very thin, with an excellent drape. It is very flattering on the body. Because of the excessive amount of fabric included on this quilt it is heavier. However, in the quilt world, it would not be considered a heavy quilt. In the Lady Lancaster world, it is on the heavier side, but still very comfortable to wear. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.