This is an American Antique quilt made circa 1920s-1930s. It is a traditional Fan quilt pattern made in the Scrap Quilt or Crazy Quilt genre. Crazy Quilts were often made as a responsible use of tiny pieces of scrap fabrics and also as a way to show off the maker's hand stitching skills. This quilt is no exception, it contains lots of hand embroidered stitches in rainbow colored thread. The quilt is made of fine wool men's suit scraps and some boucle wool. Please note it is very rare to find quilts of this nature in this condition. There are no bites or damage other than some some small stains on the inside of the jacket which can be seen in the video at the end of this listing. If you have any sensitivity to fabric, this is not a good piece for you because of the wool content. This is a total artistic jacket. It's a statement and is not a jacket we would recommend if you are looking for a jacket to cuddle up with. This piece is very thin, very light weight and has a great drape. Unlike most of our Helens this jacket is not reversible. We have also added a few photos at the end of this listing of the model wearing the jacket inside out so you can see the back of the quilt and how it was constructed. If you would like a video or details about this piece, please direct message us before buying.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.