This is an American antique quilt made circa 1920s - 1940s. It is a traditional Crazy Quilt or Scrap Quilt. These quilts were historically opportunities for the quilt makers to show off their hand embroidery repertoire. This quilt is no different, it contains immense amounts of hand embroidery. We counted over 12 different kinds of stitches in rainbow colored thread. This quilt contains silks, flannels, polys and some fine wool from men’s suiting. If you have skin sensitivity you should not purchase this jacket due to the assortment of fabrics. We love the contrasting burnt orange floral fabric on the inside of the jacket. This jacket contains patches that have been frayed over time, while the integrity of the jacket fabric is intact, please note the fraying throughout. We have added many photos at the end of this listing that illustrate this and the jacket is priced accordingly. In our opinion the quilt is thin, with a great drape, however it is heavy because of the sheer amount of fabrics that it contains.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.