This is an American antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. This quilt is exceptional for so many reasons. Specifically, it’s master quilting, it’s hand appliqué and it’s rare, never found before quilt pattern. This was made by a master and a rogue, it is an elevated Princess Feather with the addition of a Stunning Star and an Ice Cream cone border. We would be remiss if we did not point out that the quilter changed her quilting pattern depending on the shape that she was quilting. We have counted at least five different quilt patterns used, from scallops to feathers to prairie points. This is a draw dropping masterpiece. This is a thin, lightweight quilt with a little batting. It has not seen much love so it does hold it’s structure a little. Please note: we do not believe that this quilt was ever washed, however it does show age marks that we were unable to lift when washing. The biggest offenders are on the inside of the jacket and they do not show through to the outside. As a result, this is not a Helen that you would want to wear inside out.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.