This is an American, antique redwork quilt top. Redwork was a popular hand craft past time starting around 1903. The motifs on this redwork are charming nursery rhymes. We have attempted to show images in the listing of some of our favorites. All motifs are hand embroidered. This quilt is not hand-quilted but rather hand knotted with black embroidery thread adding texture and interest throughout. We have designed a bandana patchwork backing for this jacket, making it completely reversible. In our opinion, the jacket is lightweight, medium loft, and medium thickness.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.