This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1950s. It is a traditional Broken Star pattern with an elevated border which we have preserved and highlighted at the hem and cuff. This piece is beautifully and densely hand quilted and hand sewn. the points are crisp, this was not made by a rookie. The quilt is in excellent condition however it should be noted that the maker used a batting that in our opinion is subpar. Resulting in what looks like pilling throughout but the fabric is high quality. It is easy to pick the poly fill but it will shed chronically. It is also hard to see and capture. We have added two photos at the end of the listing to try and depict this but it is hard to see. We are more than happy to send you videos, please just direct message us. In our opinion the quilt is thin, lightweight with a little loft. It is extremely soft and very comfortable to wear.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.