This is an antique, American quilt made circa 1890's-1910. It is the traditional Feathered Star quilt pattern. This piece is both hand quilted and hand sewn. It is extraordinary for its tiny tiny pieces. The hand skill and workmanship in this quilt is museum quality. In our opinion, this quilt is thin, lightweight, with very little loft. It moves and drapes beautifully. While the integrity of the fabrics are in excellent condition, there is substantial color bleed throughout this quilt. The quilt also presents some sun fading throughout. If you love to wear your Helen jackets inside out, this is not the jacket for you. The inside of this jacket shows lots of green and cheddar color bleed. If you would like more detail or more images regarding this description, please direct message us and we will be happy to send you videos, etc...
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.