This is an American antique quilt made circa 1890's, possibly earlier. When we date our quilts, we always err on the conservative side. The quilt is a traditional Trip Around The World Quilt Pattern. It is both hand quilted and hand sewn. This piece has major sun bleaching and fading throughout. The fabrics are still in very good condition for its age and the sun bleaching does not appear to effect the veracity of the fabric, just the color saturation. We love sun bleached fabrics here at Lady Lancaster! In this case the fading has made this piece more neutral, it is very hard to find neutral and earth toned quilts. The quilt contains some very rare antique indigo fabrics. In our opinion, this quilt is very thin, very lightweight, very very soft, with a perfect drape. The quilt has no loft, as it is a summer weight. It was made for beauty and not warmth. It is a very special piece and has beautiful contrasting fabrics on the inside. Please see photos below for visuals.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.