This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1920s. It is a Grandma's Garden quilt pattern. This quilt has been hand sewn and hand pieced but is not hand quilted. We believe that the quilt was finished by a different maker at a later decade. The quilt contains many indigo and chambray fabrics.
PLEASE NOTE: This piece is a true redemption. It has mends throughout and the black fabric is extremely vulnerable and weak. If you are accustomed to and prefer a quilt in excellent condition this is not a good jacket for you. We have some clients who prefer more history and enjoy the aging journey of antique textiles. If you are that person this is a good fit for you. This quilt is priced accordingly. In our opinion, the quilt is thin, lightweight, soft, with and excellent drape. For further details please watch our video at the end of the listing or direct message us for additional footage. In addition to the black fabric being highly vulnerable, there is also color bleed throughout. Despite the distress and pre-love in this jacket. We believe that this jacket is worth giving a second life. This will style so well with boots and denim for the fall.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.