This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1930's. It is a traditional Wedding Ring quilt pattern made in a very unorthodox colorway. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. We also love that the maker incorporated feed sack fabrics from its era. If you're wanting a clarification on the main color block opposite the black squares, we consider it to be Tomato or Chili. It is a perfect middle ground between orange and red. We rarely see a maker mix the typical pastels of the 30's with bold contrasting colors such as black and chili and we love it! The quilt is backed with a muslin fabric from its era. In our opinion this piece is thin, light weight and has a great drape. Please note there are a few minor zig zag mends and age spots that blend seamlessly into the quilt. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.