This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1930's-1940's. It is a variation on the traditional Ocean Waves quilt pattern. This piece is exceptional for its beautiful hand quilting and hand sewing. The maker chose a fun geometric red, white, and green backing fabric(inside of jacket). If you want to show this fun print off, we recommend cuffing your sleeves or wearing the jacket upside down. This palette reads as a neutral and is easy to style with a variety of outfits. While this piece gives a very shabby chic/ Rachel Ashwell vibe, it is not quite as pale in real life as it reads in this photos. It is actually just a touch brighter. This jacket looks adorable styled upside down and we have added a few images at the end of this listing for a visual. In our opinion this piece is very soft, very thin, light weight, and has a great drape. Please note there is a zig zag mend on the left sleeve. It blends well into the fabric but we have included a photo at the end of the listing for your convenience. Overall this quilt is in great condition. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.