This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1930's-1950's. Throughout history this quilt pattern is most commonly referred to as Orange Peel or Rob Peter to Pay Paul. This piece is a remarkable show off of craftsmanship. It is meticulously hand sewn and beautifully hand quilted. It has very tiny pieces and museum-worthy crisp points. We love the contrasting pink backing fabric which can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. Please note there is some sun bleaching or subtle fading throughout which makes the pinks read as ombre. We have tried to show this in the photos. We personally believe that in this case the sun bleaching adds depth and interest. The fading does not affect the integrity of the fabrics. Due to the master stitching, this quilt is in very good condition! In our opinion this piece is very soft, light weight, thin, and has an excellent drape! If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.