This is an Antique American quilt made circa the 1890s-1920. It is a traditional Nine Patch quilt pattern. This is exceptional for its rare and valuable indigo fabrics and unusual novelty backing fabric. The quilt is both hand-quilted and hand-sewn. This combination is very unusual... the indigo with the contrasting rusty floral calico as backing fabric. This fabric can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or when the jacket is worn upside down. If you love multi-styling and styling our jackets in lots of different ways this is an excellent piece for you. Unlike most of the jackets we work with, this piece is medium to thick loft (puffiness); however, it is light as a feather and feels like being hugged by a cloud. If you live in a warm climate, this is not a jacket for you. Please note: this jacket's sleeves are 1" shorter than our typical Ethel pattern. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10!
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - The model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.