This is an Antique American quilt made circa the 1930s-1940s. This quilt pattern is often referred to as Jacks on Six, Old Maid's Puzzle, and Kindergarten Block. This piece is beautifully hand-quilted and hand-sewn, which is a labor of love and a dying art. We love the contrasting backing fabric. If you love to wear your jackets upside down or inside out this is the Ethel for you! This piece will be a closet staple as it is versatile and matches every outfit. In our opinion, this quilt is extremely thin, and lightweight, with a great drape and no loft (puffiness). It is extremely comfy and cute to wear. This is truly wearable art.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions, direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.