Watermelon Sugar ...This is a vintage American quilt made circa 1960's-1970's. Throughout history, this quilt pattern is often referred to as Orange Peel and Rob Peter to Pay Paul . This quilt is both hand sewn and machine sewn. It is also hand quilted. The colors are so fun and fresh . We love the pale pink contrasting fabric on the inside of the jacket. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is styled upside down. In our opinion the quilt is very thin, very soft, very light weight, and has a great drape. This piece is very comfortable to wear. PLEASE NOTE: this quilt was made with cotton poly blend fabrics and poly batting. There is minor pilling throughout. We were unable to capture a photo of this. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.