This is an American antique quilt made circa the 1890s-1920. This piece was made in the traditional Pyramids quilt pattern. This beauty has been both hand-sewn and hand-quilted, which is a labor of love and a dying art. The quilt contains many antique indigo fabrics. There are a few scattered zig zag mends throughout this quilt that blend into the jacket. In our opinion, this quilt is thin and lightweight with a great drape and very little loft (puffiness).
• The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down. This piece has French seams which allow it to be worn inside out as well.
• This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl
collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
• The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
• One Size Fits Most - The model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
• If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
• We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing
questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.