This is a vintage American quilt made circa 1970's. It is a traditional Star of Bethlehem quilt pattern. This piece is exceptional for its beautiful hand quilting and meticulous hand sewing. The maker backed this quilt(inside of jacket) with a light pink fabric. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. We have added a video for a visual of the jacket styled upside down. Please see the video below. Please note: This jacket photographed a smidge lighter than it is in real life. The video is a more accurate representation of the quilts color palette. In our opinion this piece is super soft, thin, light weight, and has a great drape! Please note there are a few zigzag mends that blend seamlessly into the quilt. This jacket is a dream to wear and very easy to style. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.