Please Read This Description Before Purchase!!! This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1940's-1950's. It is a traditional Lone Star Quilt Pattern. This piece is beautifully handsewn and hand quilted, which is a labor of love and a lost art. This jacket is unique in that it was backed with a hand embroidered quilt top. When you open the jacket you will have a fun surprise. There are a few age marks on the inside of the jacket but they do not show through to the front, there is a small age spot on the sleeve and a photo of this is included in the listing below. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the type of batting the maker used you will have issues with batting coming out of the jacket. We have included a video in the listing that shows this issue. It looks like pilling, but is actually the batting, the jacket is priced accordingly. Without this issue, it would be a very pricey piece. The fabric is in excellent condition. In our opinion this piece is extremely soft, and comfortable to wear. It does have a little loft but has great drape! If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.