This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1930's-1940's. The pattern of this quilt has been referred to as many names throughout history such as Lover's knot, Rose Dream and Lover's Bow tie. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn which is a labor of love and lost art! In our opinion this piece is very thin, light weight, very soft, and has an excellent drape. The jacket is a dream to wear! Please note: There are a few zig zag mends that blend into the quilt. We have found one patch by the original maker in the underarm. Please see photo at the end of this listing. In the inside of the shawl collar there are also a few dark stains. The stains do not bleed through to the front. If you plan on wearing your Aunt Ethel inside out or upside down, we do not recommend this jacket. We have added photos at the end of the listing for your convenience of the previously mentioned imperfections. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.