This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1940's to 1950's. It is a traditional Hearts and Gizzards quilt pattern. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted. If you look close you will see the variation in each stitch. There is some tanning on the sleeves and throughout the entire jacket, we have clearly shown this in the video below. This piece also has some sun bleaching, which does not affect the integrity of the fabrics, but does make the blues appear to be two different shades. This can be clearly seen on the shawl collar and in the photos below. The quilt is a true rescue and this is reflected in the price. In our opinion this piece is very thin, very soft, very light weight, and has a great drape. PLEASE NOTE: the sleeves are 1" shorter than our standard Aunt Ethel quilt pattern. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.