This is an Antique American quilt made 1962. We know this because the maker added their initials and date to the quilt. We have preserved this provenance and placed inside the shawl collar. The pattern has often been referred to as Hummingbird or Snowball Quilt Pattern. This has been exquisitely hand sewn and hand quilted. This is a rare piece because it came along with an old church bulletin filled with a note from the maker, a doting mother. She writes that "all stitches in here are love stitches" and that "each little block was filled with special thoughts and prayers for guidance from up above". We hope that this quilt brings you love and comfort as it did to the original recipient. This piece is like a cloud and very comfortable to wear. In our opinion the jacket is soft, has medium loft, and light weight. Overall this quilt is in great condition. This piece does have a matching size 7/8 child's jacket if you're looking to share the novelty of this quilt with your loved one. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
**International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.