This is an American antique quilt made circa 1890-1920's. It is a traditional Nine Patch Quilt Pattern. It is beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn. Finding Orange quilts from this era is becoming harder and harder to find. We are obsessed with the floral pink and turquoise backing fabric. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled and the jacket is worn upside down. We have shown examples of this in the listing below. If you like to wear your Ethel jackets upside down, this is a great jacket for you. In our opinion, this quilt is very thin, very lightweight, with no loft (puffiness). It is very comfortable to wear and has a great drape. Please Note: The sleeves are two inches shorter than our standard Ethel pattern. Please watch videos at the end of this listing for more details!
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’8, US size 18
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.