This is an American antique quilt made circa 1930's to 1940's. It is a traditional Irish Chain Quilt Pattern. This jacket is exceptional for its tiny pieces, its historic feedsack fabrics, its meticulous hand sewing and beautiful hand quilting. This quilt is a total showoff and absolutely stunning. We honored the original makers intent by keeping the flag border on the cuffs of the sleeves. Please see photos for details. In our opinion, this quilt is very soft, very thin, very lightweight, with a perfect drape. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.