This jacket is made with two quilt tops from the 1890's. The black ground quilt top is a very rare pattern that has been referred to as Baby Bunting, Broken Saw and Chinese Fan. It is very difficult to get a black quilt from this era, as the dyes that were used in black textiles do not often stand the test of time. The inside quilt top is a traditional Postage Stamp Quilt Pattern. This jacket is completely reversible and best for a gal who loves multitask styling and options. We have shown you multiple ways this jacket can be worn in the photos below. It is truly two jackets in one! In our opinion, this jacket is thin, light weight, with little loft (puffiness). It drapes beautifully and is fun to style.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.