This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1930's to 1940's. It is an Elevated Lone Star Quilt pattern. Words cannot express how special this piece is. Our only regret is that we will never know the maker personally. Let's discuss what makes this piece next level special... Please appreciate the four color striped border, this is extra in every way and rarely seen. The hand quilting is beautiful and the hand stitching is meticulously done. The color pairings are just not seen and are what we consider to be rogue! Because the hand quilting was done in white and used against bright color, solid fabric, the quilting shows off in a way that we rarely get to see. Please note the greyish/blueish backing fabric which can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. In our opinion the quilt is thin, light weight, soft, with an excellent drape. This a Lady Lancaster 10/10. Please note: there are two age marks on the inside of the jacket that we were unable to lift during the washing process, we have included photos at the end of this listing for your convenience. PLEASE NOTE the sleeves on this jacket are 1" shorter than our standard Aunt Ethel Pattern. If you have long arms on love to wear your jackets cuffed this is not the jacket for you. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.