This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1890s-1920s. It is referred to as the Roman Square or Fence Post quilt pattern. This piece is extraordinary for its dense and expert hand quilting, its rare and indigo fabrics, and its home spun gingham backing. In our opinion this quilt is in excellence condition, it is thin, soft, lightweight, and with an excellent drape. Please note: We would be remiss if we did not call to your attention the grey and ivory homespun gingham backing. Which can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.