This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1890s-1920s. It is a traditional Nine Patch quilt pattern. This beauty has been both hand quilted and hand sewn which is a labor of love and a lost art. It is very rare for brown fabrics of this era to have stood the test of time, this piece is an exception and we are thrilled to have found it. We love the contrasting fabric on the back of the quilt(inside of the jacket). This can best be appreciated when the jacket is worn upside down or when the cuffs are rolled. If you love wearing your Ethels upside down, this is an excellent jacket for you! In our opinion this jacket is thin, very light weight and wonderfully soft with a little loft(little batting).
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.