This is an American antique quilt made circa 1930s. Throughout history this quilt pattern has been referred to as Fox and Geese, Double X and Crosses and Losses. This piece is beautifully hand quilted and it has also been hand sewn. This is a stellar piece in every way. The points are crisp and pieces are tiny. It’s in excellent condition and the stitches are still very tight. It is very rare to find this light chambray and we were thrilled to be able to work with this piece. In our opinion the quilt is thin, lightweight with a little loft (batting). This piece has not seen a lot of pre love, so it does hold its structure and is not the most drapey piece we’ve ever had. Please note: there is one very small age mark on the back of the jacket which we were unable to list in our washing process. We have included a photo at the end of the listing for your convenience.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’ 4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.