This is an authentic antique American quilt made circa 1930s. This piece has been beautifully hand sewed and hand quilted, which is a labor of love and a lost art. This pattern has often been referred to as the jewel box quilt pattern, which is very similar to the Irish chain, except more rare. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10 in our opinion it is a thin, lightweight, soft jacket with excellent drape. We specifically love the pink ticking fabric on the back (inside of the jacket) of the quilt. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or when the jacket is styled upside down.
This jacket has a matching child’s coat which is very rare, please see our website for the child’s jacket if you are interested in a mommy & me.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.