This is an authentic, antique American quilt made circa the 1920s-1930s. It is a variation of Aunt Lucinda's block quilt pattern. It has also been referred to as Aunt Lucindas double Irish Cain quilt pattern. It is extraordinary for it’s tiny pieces crisp points, complex pattern, as well as it’s hand quilting and hand stitching. This jacket contains rare and highly sought after antique and indigo fabrics. The quilter was quite the creative because she changed quilting patterns moving from flowers to cross hatch, depending on what part of the quilt she was quilting. There are a few minor tanning spots on the back of the jacket, there is also a spot on the front of the jacket. We have added photos for your convenience at the end of the listing. In our opinion this quilt is thin, lightweight, with a nice drape.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.