This is an American antique quilt made circa 1930s. It is a traditional hexi or Grandma’s Garden quilt pattern. This piece is extraordinary for its meticulous hand sewing and hand quilting. The maker spend hundreds of hours making this beautiful show off. In our opinion the quilt is thin, lightweight, with loft (puffiness) and an excellent drape. We also have a matching child’s jacket which is very rare because few quilts are large enough for us to make two jackets. If you are interested in a mommy & me ensemble please look for the match on our website or direct message us.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.