This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is the traditional Irish Chain quilt pattern. The pieces in this quilt are tiny at 1 inch per 1 inch. It is loaded with historic feedback fabrics and novelty fabrics. Please note, this quilt is hand sewn and machine sewn. It is NOT hand quilted but machine quilted. The fabric on the back of this quilt is a multi-color pastel argyle. When the jacket is worn upside down. This charming fabric can be shown off at its best. In our opinion this quilt is thin, light weight, and soft. However, because the pieces are so tiny, it does hold its structure and is not the drapiest quilt we've ever seen. On the other hand, we would not go so far as to call this stiff by any means. If you would like videos and more details about this piece please direct message us on Instagram and we would be more than happy to assist you.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.