This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1950s. It is the traditional Touching or Reaching Star quilt pattern. We are obsessed with this quilt for its irony of color and fabric combinations. This is an absolute 1 of 1. You will not see this combination elsewhere. Please note, the darling pink fabric on the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket) which in our opinion adds to the depth and interest of this jacket. In addition, it also makes this jacket look beautiful when worn and styled upside down. In our opinion, this quilt is very soft, very thin, very lightweight, with a little bit of loft and an excellent drape.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.