This is an antique Suzani quilt handmade in Uzbekistan. The base quilt technique is similar to that of an Indian Kantha, however, it contains much more detailed and elaborate hand embroidery than a typical Kantha. All the motifs you see on this piece are hand embroidered using beautiful shades of embroidery thread. It is a dream to wear and style. This piece is 100% reversible for a completely different look, it is two jackets in one. We have shown photos of both styling options in the listing. There are several mends done by the maker that we consider to be a darling and a heartwarming window into the backstory of this piece. In our opinion this piece is very soft, very thin, but it is on the heavy side. If you live in a colder climate this piece will be very good for you. It is important to note that this piece shows quite a bit of wear. We have also found that unlike American quilts, Suzanis snag much easier and are prone to loose threads. If this is something that will drive you nuts, we would respectfully steer you away from this art genre. For more details please see the video we have added at the end of this listing. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.