This is an antique, American quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. It is the traditional nine patch quilt pattern. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn. The fabrics in this piece are absolutely phenomenal. It is so hard to find earth tones and browns and specifically the presence of the pear fabric is just a delightful overall combination. The white squares show age and discoloration. Overall, this piece is in excellent condition. The quilt is very thin and very lightweight. Because of the interesting fabric on the back of the quilt, inside of the jacket, this piece will be beautiful worn on the reverse for an additional styling option.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.