This is an American quilt. We are unable to credibly date this piece. In fact, this beauty is so rare that we were unable to identify its pattern in Barbara Brackman's Quilt Encyclopedia. At first glance, it appears to be a quilt pattern; however, its actually appliquéd. Each piece has been hand appliquéd and if you look closely you will see the meticulous hand stitching.
Please note: this is the last remaining piece from the Arizona love collection, it was not finished in time to be added to the collection so it is a straggler. This piece is an antique quilt top that we paired with patchwork bandannas for the backing. It is not hand quilted. This is a marvelous and fun, very rare find.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.