This is a hand sewn American quilt top that we backed using Liberty of London Floral Fabric. The quilt top was sewn circa 1940's-1960's, it is an extremely rare pattern that has been referred to as Vegetable Soup and Bridle Path Star. This jacket is completely reversible and has many different styling options. We have attempted to show you a few options in the photos below. In our opinion, the quilt is very soft, very thin, very lightweight, with a little loft (puffiness). This jacket is very artsy and cheerful. It is super fun to style. Please Note: This quilt is NOT hand quilted. It was quilted by our friend Zoe Dawn with her Long Arm machine.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and US size 4
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.