This is an American Antique quilt made circa 1930s, but possibly earlier. The quilt pattern is often referred to as an Orange Peel or a Rob Peter to Pay Paul quilt pattern. The quilt is beautifully hand quilted which is a labor of love and a lost art. We love the backing fabric(inside of the jacket). It is a beautiful homespun gingham and can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn inside out. Please note: there is color bleed on many of the white fabrics in the quilt, however, it reads more as subtle tanning than color bleed. It was very hard to capture this in our photos, we are more than happy to send a video upon request. In our opinion the quilt is very thin, soft, light weight, and has a wonderful drape. This piece is very flattering and a dream to wear. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpitPlease note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.