This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is a traditional Irish Chain Quilt Pattern. This piece is exceptional for its tiny pieces, its meticulous hand quilting and hand sewing. This is a technical masterpiece! There are some historic feed sack fabrics in this piece as well as novelty and juvenile fabrics from its era. The quilt is in exceptional condition, however, there are a few tiny age spots throughout that we were unable to lift in our washing process. We included iphone photos at the end of the listing for your convenience. The quilt is very thin, very light weight, very soft, and has a perfect drape. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary