This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1940's-1950's. It is a variation of the Hearts and Pierrot's Pom Pom Quilt Pattern. The quilt is beautifully hand quilted and hand embroidered. The piece has been hand embroidered using top stitching in black thread. This is absolutely wearable Pop Art! We love the graphic simplicity in this piece. In our opinion the quilt is thin, light weight, with a lot of loft (puffiness). It has a great drape and is very comfortable to wear. Please note: this piece shows a lot of tanning and yellowing on the inside of the jacket. There are also a few age spots on the outside and we have included a video at the end of the listing for your convenience. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary